Wednesday, April 9, 2014

#16/341 - Florida Atlantic Owls
When I set out on this quest with a cap of $20/jersey, I hadn't considered the possibility that I would end up wearing another person's dreams on my back. I won this Florida Atlantic basketball jersey on ebay for $19. What struck me immediately was the name on the back (not pictured). Secondly, the black box that says 'WT.' It looks like a memorial patch. I've done a little research and concluded that this jersey belonged to Eric Lawson, who played for the Owls from 1997-1999. That makes this my first game-used or at least issued jersey. Somehow this found its way into the secondhand market and into my hands. I wasn't able to find anything out about who 'WT' was that's being memorialized. If anyone knows about it or the whereabouts of Mr. Lawson, I'd be delighted to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment