Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#71/341 - Murray State Racers
Let's talk about kindness. I had made some posts about this journey on the college basketball section of Reddit. I received a message from a user claiming to work at Murray State University who said he'd send a jersey my way. Soon I found myself looking eagerly for it in the mail. But weeks turned into months and I gave up. I carefully crafted a message to him because how do you remind someone to give you something they don't owe you for free? He wrote back apologizing and again promised a jersey. A few more weeks of checking the mail yielded nothing so I left it alone.

Finally a package showed up from Murray, Kentucky that felt much heavier than a jersey. I opened it to find not one, not two, but four beautiful Murray State Racers jerseys. The level of this man's kindness to a complete stranger and his odd quest for completion was touching and unprecedented.

I have been a Racers fan ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment